Why join Team STHK?
Our Culture / Values / Objectives
It is important for everyone at TeamSTHK has a shared vision. The Trust’s vision is to deliver 5 Star Patient Care by providing an excellent patient experience through high quality health services. This is captured in the ‘Star Chart’.
Our Vision underpins the Trust objectives, which set out plans for improving safety, care, systems, communication and pathways of treatment, supported by robust operational and financial performance and strategic developments.
The Trust objectives are refreshed every year, reflecting our national and local goals. This has been developed collectively by our stakeholders, carers, patients and staff as well as the Trust’s own development plans. With an aim of creating something together to capture a holistic view, where our patients remain at the heart of everything we do.
Our Strategic Aims
Provide high quality personalised care
Be the hospital choice for patients
Respond to local health needs
Attract and develop caring, highly skilled staff
Work in partnership to improve health outcomes
Create sustainable and efficient health systems
Kind & Compassionate
Respectful & Considerate
Listening & Learning
Friendly & Welcoming
Open & Honest
Our values are important to us. They guide everything we do, they set out what is expected from each member of the team in the way we treat our patients, visitors and each other.
We’re incredibly proud of TeamSTHK. We believe that with hard work, anything is possible. We’re continuously striving to be better, to improve our Trust every day. It is our staffs’ dedication; passion and shared vision that helps us provide outstanding patient care.
We are so proud of what TeamSTHK has achieved so far…
- Trust is awarded Freedom of the Borough in recognition for their work during the COVID-19 pandemic - St Helens and Knowsley Council April 2020
- Trust became a Disability Confident Leader – Disability Confident Scheme August 2020
- Trust volunteers receive the Queens Award for Voluntary Service, the highest award a voluntary group can receive in the UK - June 2020
- Trust of the Year - HSJ 2019
- Trust receives Employer Recognition Scheme Gold Award for supporting staff from the Armed Forces Community – Ministry of Defense 2019
- Trust rated Outstanding by the CQC - Inspection August 2018
- Best in the NHS, Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment 2017 and 2018
- Top marks in the country for areas including cleanliness, food, privacy and dignity, facilities for patients living with dementia and disabilities, condition, appearance and maintenance of the hospital buildings.
- Top 100 places to work in the NHS - NHS Employers and Health Service Journal
- Best acute Trust in England - NHS Staff Survey 2017 and 2018
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS - CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015