Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
COVID-19 PALS update:
Due to restrictions introduced because of the pandemic the PALS team are currently unable to receive visitors to our offices so the way you are able to contact us has changed.
We would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your continued support and understanding.
We aim to continue to provide support and a high level of service to patients, whilst also supporting our staff. Should you wish to make an enquiry or discuss a concern then please contact us by phone on 0151 430 1376, email at email@example.com or via webform. We will respond as soon as we can, within the hours of 9-5, Monday-Friday (excluding bank holidays). If you are unable to contact us yourself, please could you provide consent for a family member or friend to act on your behalf.
Please note PALS is not an emergency service. If you have concerns regarding your medical health, please contact your GP or 111.
What is PALS?
The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) provides impartial advice and assistance in answering questions and resolving concerns that patients, their relatives, friends and carers might have when accessing the NHS services provided by STHK.
Patients and carers that are unhappy with any aspect of their care are advised to speak to a member of staff on the ward or in the department they are being treated in as soon as possible. If they feel unable to speak directly to staff, then they are advised to contact PALS who will be able to assist. The team can also visit patients and carers on the ward if they are unable to visit the PALS office. Very often problems can be resolved straight away, so please contact PALS as soon as possible.
Aims of the PALS team:
- listen to patients' concerns, queries and suggestions
- advise and support patients, their families, and their carers
- help resolve problems quickly on your behalf by liaising with the relevant teams
- Pass on your comments and suggestions on improving our hospital services to the relevant management.
- If we are unable to resolve your concerns, we can provide you with information about the Trusts formal complaints process and should you require assistance in making a complaint, we can provided you information on the independent complaints advocacy service.
You can contact the PALS team via the following:
Telephone: 0151 430 1376
PALS opening hours are: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Online PALS Webform below