Our Wards - St Helens Hospital - Sanderson Suite
Sanderson Suite, at St Helens Hospital, is our day case ward providing minor surgical procedures.
- Important information for patients attending for day case surgery:
- If you cannot keep your admission date, please telephone the number on your admissions letter as soon as possible. We may be able to treat another patient in your place.
- Due to limited space on the day wards, we ask relatives not to stay with the patient. The ward will telephone relatives/carers to pick you up
- You should remove all make up and nail polish
- Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
- What to bring to hospital
- Your admission letter
- Any change to your personal details e.g. GP, address, telephone number
We also suggest that you bring the following items to make your time with us as comfortable as possible:
- Any pills or medicines that you are taking
- Spectacles, hearing aids etc.
- Telephone number of the person who will be collecting you
Please do not bring valuables or large sums of money.
A patient information booklet for day patients will be sent to patients along with their appointment letter and will provide further information for patients about their admission.