Our Services A - Z - Falls Team
About the service
The Hospital Falls Team provide guidance, support and education to Trust staff, patients and their families/carers regarding the reduction of hospital-related falls across all 3 hospital sites.
The team perform a variety of functions to ensure Trust policy is being embedded in to daily practice in relation to Falls Prevention, multi factorial risk assessment and individualised patient care planning for at risk in-patients. These functions include:
- Assessment of in-patients referred by the wards to the team for falls advice bespoke to the individual’s specific risk factors.
- Monitoring of falls care documentation completion to ensure the quality is maintained at a high standard.
- Specialist advice provision and signposting for all staff at the Trust and external partners/agencies.
- Involvement in investigations into hospital-related incidents, ensuring shared learning and robust action planning.
- About the Team
The team consists of a Lead Falls Nurse Specialist and a Falls Assessment Nurse, working closely with the Consultant Medical Lead for Falls, overseen by the Patient Safety Management Team and working in partnership with key members of the Trust Multi-disciplinary Team.
- Contact Details
Telephone: 0151 430 1152
The Patient Safety Team office is based in LG1, Nightingale House, Whiston Hospital.
- Nutrition Advice for People at Risk of Falls
- Therapy Exercise Advice
- Information Leaflets
Page last updated on 22nd September 2022