Our Services A - Z - Equipment Pool
About the service
The Equipment Pool is a facility that centralises medical equipment such as:
- Infusion pumps
- Syringe pumps
- Enteral feed pumps
- Nebulisers (compressors)
- Chair air cushions
- Dynamic pressure relieving air mattresses
- Offloading boots (Prolevo)
- Pressure reducing pads (Prolevo)
- Parafricta bootees (friction fee bootees)
- Sqabs (bed extending foam insert)
- Bed rail bumpers
- Crash mats (for use with low rise beds)
- Wound management bags
- Barrier products e.g. Pro Derm Cream, Cavilon Advance
- Dermal pads (various sizes) for pressure reduction
- VAC dressings and canisters
To access 3M VAC therapy – contact the TVN/Equipment Pool on ext 2323/1928 or bleep 7198/7199
We do hold a small stock of dressings that are only available during Pool manned opening hours. This allows for the immediate treatment to commence.
- About the Team
Lynsey Dennett is the Equipment Pool Administrator. She has worked in the Pool for the past 18 years and has a wealth of experience.
The Equipment Pool is situated on the 5th Floor (Blue Zone) at Whiston Hospital
The Equipment Pool is a 24/4 service, 365 days per year. Access is via staff ID badge.
- Contact Details
Telephone Number: ext. 2323
Bleep Number: 7199
Equipment requests including hires: EquipmentPoolRequest@sthk.nhs.uk
- Additional Information
Bariatric bed/low bed out of Equipment Pool working hours:
Ring/bleep Operational Services (Bed Managers) with the following information:
What equipment is required?
There is a 4 hour delivery time from placing of the request from operational services.
For specialist seating – note – this is only available in Equipment Pool opening hours. You must complete the chair request form (see link) an me emailed to EquipmentPoolRequest@sthk.nhs.uk
- Relevant Leaflets/Documents/Links
Page last updated on 23rd March 2021