Our Consultants - James R. H. Scurr MD FRCS
Consultant Vascular & Endovascular Surgeon
Varicose veins, venous disorders and venous disease
Aneurysms; endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR)
Arterial disease; intermittent claudication; angioplasty; arterial bypass surgery.
0151 430 1499
Clinical Access Times:
Monday 13:30 – 17:00 Whiston Hospital
Thursday 13:30 – 17:00 Whiston Hospital
Mr. Scurr is a Consultant Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon to the Liverpool Vascular and Endovascular Service (LiVES) and Honorary Consultant Surgeon to St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust.
He trained at University College London and The Middlesex Hospitals’ School of Medicine, qualifying in 2000. In 2004, he moved to the North West to continue his higher surgical training at the Mersey School of Surgery.
From 2005 to 2007 he was the Endovascular Research Fellow at the Royal Liverpool University Hospital and was awarded a Doctorate of Medicine by the University of Liverpool for his research into fenestrated endovascular aneurysm repair.
He is widely published in medical periodicals and textbooks and is a frequent presenter at national and international conferences.
In 2010 Mr Scurr was the Liverpool and North West Society of Surgeons’ travelling Fellow to the Mayo Clinic (Minnesota, USA) and in 2012 he was awarded the American College of Phlebology’s (American Vein and Lymphatic Society) International Scholarship.
Mr Scurr sits on the Council of the Venous Forum of the Royal Society of Medicine.
Membership of Learned Societies
- BSc, MB, BS, MD, FRCS
- MB BS - BACHELOR OF MEDICINE, BACHELOR OF SURGERY University College London 2000
- BSc - BACHELOR OF SCIENCE University College London 1997
- MD - DOCTOR OF MEDICINE University of Liverpool 2011
- FRCS - FELLOWSHIP OF THE ROYAL COLLEGE OF SURGEONS OF ENGLAND The Royal College of Surgeon of England 2011
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
Membership of Learned Societies:
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine.
- Member of the Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland.
- Member of the British Society of Endovascular Therapy.
- Member of the Venous Forum of the Royal Society of Medicine