From Monday 20 September, St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust will enter into a partnership for long-term collaboration with Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust, with STHK taking on responsibility for the management of Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust.
In order for the Trust to deliver this responsibility, Ann Marr OBE Chief Executive STHK has agreed to become Chief Executive for both Trusts and Anne-Marie Stretch, who is currently Deputy Chief Executive and Director of Human Resources at STHK, has been appointed to the new position of Managing Director, Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust.
By working together, the Trusts will:
- Sustain the delivery of improved outcomes for S&O patients
- Ensure high quality and sustainable services for the communities they serve
- Give all staff greater flexibility to develop their professional skills
- Make best use of available resources
- Share the benefits and experiences of STHK’s outstanding CQC status
Ann Marr OBE, Chief Executive St Helens and Knowsley, said, “Working together in partnership gives us the opportunity to provide high quality and sustainable services to all of the people we serve. We are very much looking forward to working closely with our skilled and committed colleagues at Southport & Ormskirk.”
Neil Masom OBE, Chair S&O Hospital NHS Trust said, “The partnership is the next stage on Southport and Ormskirk’s improvement journey and the right one to accelerate the tremendous progress the Trust has made over the past few years.”