Pregnancy is safe for most people with diabetes.
• Diabetes increases risks for mother and baby.
• Diabetes risks to mother and baby are less if:
You have excellent blood sugar control at CONCEPTION.
You’re taking FOLIC ACID 5 mg daily at CONCEPTION.
• Don’t stop contraception or try to get pregnant until you’ve spoken
to your GP or practice nurse.
• If you’re pregnant, get referred urgently.
• Some women temporarily develop diabetes during pregnancy
(Gestational Diabetes). If this happens your midwife or
consultant will explain what needs to be done.