This website is owned and managed by St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospital NHS Trust.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use our website. For example, you should be able to:
· zoom in up to 400% on most pages without problems
· navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
· listen to content on the website using a screen reader, including the most recent versions
of NVDA and TalkBack.
We've worked hard to make the website text as simple to understand as possible but recognise that not all pages are currently written in plain English.
There is advice available online to help you make your device easier to use if you have a disability, including from the AbilityNet charity.
How accessible is this website?
We know some parts of this website are not yet fully accessible:
· a large number of documents, mainly in PDF format, are not fully accessible to screen
· In some places, you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text without losing content.
How to request information in an accessible format
If you need information on this website in a different format such as accessible PDF, large print, easy read or braille, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0151-676-5676.
We will consider your request and reply to you within five working days.
· If you cannot view our maps to find your way around our hospitals, contact our Patient Advice
and Liaison Service (PALS) for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems
If you find any problems which aren't listed on this page, or think that we're not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations then email email@example.com let us know.
If you contact us with a complaint and you're not happy with our response, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the 'accessibility regulations').
Technical information about this website's accessibility
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospital NHS Trust is committed to making this website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
· Inaccessible documents – the website includes older PDF and Word documents that are
essential to providing our services and that do not comply with the accessibility standards
as they are not fully accessible to screen reader software.
· Audio, Video, Captions – the website includes Videos, but does not include captions or
text transcript and does not comply with the accessibility standards.
· Multiple Ways to find pages – Part Compliant our website does not include a site map, but
does include a search function on every page.
What we're doing to improve accessibility
We are currently reviewing accessibility throughout our website. As part of this work we are reviewing our policy on PDFs and other methods of delivering information with a view to making them as accessible as possible.