Why work for St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust?
There's one thing that makes more of a difference to our organisation than anything else: OUR STAFF.
Our staff are skilled, enthusiastic and committed people sharing in the delivery of high quality healthcare.
And there are many reasons why talented people like you join us……..
Our staff rated the organisation as the BEST acute Trust in Cheshire and Merseyside in the National NHS Staff Survey 2014.
The Trust achieved the highest scores across a range of measures including:
• Percentage of staff feeling satisfied with the quality of work and patient care they deliver
• Agreeing feedback from patients is used to make informed decisions in their department
• Our staff recommended the Trust as a place to work or receive treatment
• Reporting good communication between senior management and staff
• Effective team working
• Overall staff engagement & Job satisfaction
Pay & Conditions
The NHS pay system, known as Agenda for Change (AfC), applies to all staff except doctors, dentists, and very senior managers. Benefits include:
- pay enhancements to reward out of hours, shift and overtime working
- holiday entitlement of 27 days a year, plus eight general and public holidays. This rises to 33 days after 10 years of service
- annual personal development reviews to support career aspirations
We recognise the importance of a healthy balance between work and life. The Improving Working Lives (IWL) initiative was introduced in 2000, and has helped bring about a real culture change within the NHS - reducing stress, increasing motivation, and improving productivity among staff. Flexible working means that:
- part time roles and job-share opportunities are often available, as well as term-time only, evening and weekend positions
- we have policies such as Special Leave and Employment Break for those staff who wish to take time off to look after dependents and or
- you will also have access to our in-house Health, Work & Well Being Department, such as counselling, holistic therapy and
Learning & Development Opportunities
We are committed to offering learning and development opportunities for all full-time and part-time employees in our state of the art training facilities. The Trusts Education, Training and Conference Centre provides a first class, flagship service providing a modern and comfortable learning environment for our staff and state of the art educational facilities to aid in the delivery of high quality education and training.
We offer 17 different fully funded apprenticeships, which enable staff to gain skills, confidence and knowledge in their role, resulting in better patient care.
We are Investors in People accredited and we care about the welfare of our employees and assist you in improving your performance through effective encouragement and career development.
You will receive an annual personal review and development plan to support your career progression.
One of the UK's best pension schemes
The NHS Pension Scheme is one of the most generous and comprehensive in the UK. Every new employee automatically becomes a member and you will get an excellent package of pension benefits, fully protected against inflation and guaranteed by the government. See www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/pensions for to find out about terms and conditions.
Armed Forces Support
Here at St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust we are committed to supporting our Armed Forces Community. The Trust has recently signed up to the Step into Health pledge and has also been awarded the Bronze Award in the Employer Recognition Scheme.
We recognise the valuable contribution that reservists make to the UK Armed Forces, their communities and the Trust which is reflected in the support that we offer.
To find out further information and upcoming events then please click here for our Facebook page or contact our Armed Forces Champion on 0151 676 5952 or via email Victoria.Reynolds@sthk.nhs.uk