If you need fast access to services for a minor illness or injury there are a number of Walk-In Centres and Urgent Care Centres based in Knowsley, St Helens, Warrington and Halton open 365 days a year.
This is Tony. He is one of the nurse clinicians at St Helens Urgent Treatment Centre.
These centres are staffed by a team of highly skilled nurses and other healthcare workers including GPs.
They can treat:
• Minor Cuts or Wounds
• Sore Throats
• Suspected Simple Fractures
• Bites or Stings
• Rashes and Allergic Reactions
• Prescribed Medication (subject to assessment)
• Minor Burns or Scalds
• Coughs and Colds
• Muscle or Joint Injuries (eg. sprains and strains)
• Eye Injuries and Infections
• Emergency Contraception
Your Urgent Treatment Centre in St Helens is
St Helens NHS Urgent Treatment Centre
The Millennium Centre Corporation Street
St Helens WA10 1HJ
Telephone: 01744 627 400
Did you know?
- The Millennium Centre has a dedicated X-Ray on site, available from 9.00am to 7.00pm Monday to Friday and 9.00am to 5.00pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
- There is a blood/phlebotomy service from 7.00am to 9.00am Monday to Friday and 8.00am to 11.00am on Saturdays - no appointment necessary.
- The Millennium Centre also has a pharmacy that is open 7.30am to 10.00pm Monday to Saturday and 9.00am to 10.00pm on Sundays.
Your Walk-in Centres in Knowsley are…
Halewood Walk-in Centre
Roseheath Drive, Halewood
Liverpool L26 9UH
Tel: 0151 244 3532
Huyton Walk-in Centre
Nutgrove Villa, Westmoreland Road
Huyton L36 6GA
Tel: 0151 244 3150
Kirkby Walk-in Centre
St Chads Clinic, St Chads Drive
Kirkby L32 8RE
Tel: 0151 244 3180
Your Urgent Care Centres in Halton and for Warrington residents are…
Widnes Urgent Care Centre
Health Care Resource Centre Oaks Place
Caldwell Road, Widnes
Tel: 0151 495 5000
Runcorn Urgent Care Centre
Halton General Hospital
Hospital Way, Runcorn
Tel: 01928 714567
Please remember A&E and 999 are only for serious and life threating emergencies
Lets keep our emergency services free for those who need them most