St Helens Hospital has two inpatient wards and a daycase ward for minor surgery.
Duffy Suite is the Trust's Intermediate Care facility upper floor, Elyn Lodge, St Helens Hospital.
Seddon Suite Rehabilitation Unit is a specialist rehabilitation unit caring for those who have experienced severe life-changing injury or illness and is based on the ground floor, Elyn Lodge, St Helens Hospital.
Sanderson Suite is the hospital's daycase ward providing minor surgical procedures.
Important information for patients attending for daycase surgery:
- If you cannot keep your admission date, please telephone the number on your admissions letter as soon as possible. We may be able to treat another patient in your place.
- Due to limited space on the day wards, we ask relatives not to stay with the patient. The ward will telephone relatives/carers to pick you up
- You should remove all make up and nail polish
- Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
What to bring to hospital
- Your admission letter
- Any change to you personal details e.g. GP, address, telephone number
We also suggest that you bring the following items to make your time with us as comfortable as possible:
- Any pills or medicines that you are taking
- Spectacles, hearing aids etc.
- Telephone number of the person who will be collecting you
Please do not bring valuables or large sums of money.
A patient information booklet for day patients will be sent to patients along with their appointment letter and will provide further information for patients about their admission.