Introducing the Navajo Merseyside & Cheshire LGBTI Charter Mark
What is the Navajo Merseyside & Cheshire LGBTI Charter Mark?
In May 2016 the Trust was awarded the NAVAJO Charter Mark. This is an equality mark supported by LGBTI Community networks across Merseyside. It is a signifier of good practice, commitment and knowledge of the specific needs, issues and barriers facing lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBTI) people in Merseyside.
The application process was designed to assess the Trust in terms of LGBTI friendliness and the application included five distinct elements:-
- Practices and Policies
- Staff Recruitment & Engagement
- Service Users and LGBT Engagement
Achieving the Charter Mark means that the Trust can demonstrate that it:-
- is in line with statutory requirements and promotes best practice in engaging with the LGBT community.
- recognises and is addressing the difficulties in ensuring that its services are accessible to the LGBT community.
- has raised awareness amongst staff with regarding to particular issues that affect LGBT people accessing services.