The Trust, as a public authority, is subject to the Public Sector equality duty (PSED). The PSED is comprised of two elements, the general duties and the specific duties. One of the specific duties is the requirement to publish Equality Objectives.
The Equality Objectives and associated action plan was approved at the Trusts Executive Team Meeting on Council on 9th May 2019.
The Equality Objectives 2019/23 are as follows:-
1. To improve access and outcomes for patients and communities who experience disadvantage
2. To improve our equality performance by collaboration and partnership working
3. To engage and consult with all our local communities, and to raise awareness of health inequalities both within our workforce and in our local communities.
4. To take steps to ensure that our workforce is broadly representative of the communities we serve at all levels
5. Improve the wellbeing of staff employed in the Trust
6. Improve the experiences of Black and Minority Ethnic staff employed in the Trust
The action plan can be accessed here
For further information please contact the Trust's Patient Inclusion and Experience Lead Cheryl.email@example.com (patient inclusion and experience lead) or Victoria.firstname.lastname@example.org (workforce lead)