St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust provides a full range of acute healthcare services across our two sites at Whiston and St Helens hospitals, including inpatient, outpatient, maternity and emergency services. The Mersey Regional Burns and Plastic Surgery Unit is also located at Whiston Hospital, providing treatment for over 4 million people across the North West, North Wales and the Isle of Man.
Our valued workforce of over 7,000 staff are dedicated to providing you with the best possible care. Our staff are guided by the Trust's vision to provide '5 star patient care', striving to meet the best standards of professional care whilst being sensitive and responsive to the needs of individual patients.
OUR AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
Our aims and values have been captured in the below chart and are central to the Trust's annual objectives.
WHY CHOOSE US?
We believe in choice and we understand the importance of choosing the right hospital. Our aim is to make sure you, the patient, are well informed and cared for to the highest possible standard and our dedicated workforce are committed to ensure you have an excellent patient experience.
Our latest achievements include:
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014 and 2015)
- Top in the North West and 7th nationally for staff recommending the Trust as a place to work (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England 2014)